12 March 2009

Lunch

My typical lunch/mid-afternoon meal usually consists of a one-cup dish of my own custom trail mix. I only eat if I am really hungry. If I had breakfast, then I am not usually hungry until dinner. These nuts and berries are packed full of flavor, texture and energy-sustaining nutrients. Sometimes this is all I will eat in one day and it keeps me going for 24 hours. For a smaller snack, I will just eat 1/2 a dish.


Here is the recipe:

Jennifer's Trek & Trail Mix

1 lb. raw pecans
1 lb. raw brazil nuts

1 lb. raw macadamia nuts
1 lb. raw walnuts
1 lb. raw sunflower seeds
1 lb. raw pepitas
1 lb. raw almonds
1 lb. soy nuts (roasted, unsalted)
1/2 lb. dried goji berries
1/2 lb. dried blueberries
1/2 lb. dried cranberries
1/2 lb. raw cacao nibs

Thoroughly combine all ingredients in large bowl and then package in airtight container(s). Store in freezer for maximum freshness. Yields 10 pounds of yummy, healthy trail mix! Each serving is about 4-6 oz. to a one-cup size bowl.




No comments:

Post a Comment