06 March 2009

Trial Run

With today's balmy weather -- sunny, mildly breezy and temps in the mid to high 50's -- I was able to finally get out and run! I suited up and went out around 9:00 AM. I ran about 3.3 miles. But, I was disappointed that it took me 32 minutes according to the stop watch on my MP3 player. After training for at least an hour a day on the elliptical and stationary bike for the past few weeks, I was hoping for a better time. Looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me! My legs are even sore tonight. :-( But, I guess that means I did get a decent workout. I wasn't at all tired or winded during my run, but it was not without effort. It will be nice to make some progress and bring that 5K time down closer to 20 minutes! And then to start tackling the 10K! My 8K race is in 16 days. As always, my goal is not necessarily to win the race, but to finish it. That's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment