09 March 2009

Small Steps

I got out and ran again today. Another 3.3 miles. It was wonderful! High 30's outside; maybe low 40's, but perfect weather for the long-sleeved Under Armour shirt my husband bought me for Christmas. :-) My legs were s-o-o-o-o sore after I ran on Friday. Oh my goodness! You would think that working out for an hour a day on the elliptical and stationary bike every day for a month straight would prevent that, but NOoooo. Going up and down the stairs was a real joy over the weekend. But I forced myself to keep moving. I wasn't able to run on Saturday or Sunday (it rained hard all weekend). Not that I was in any hurry to get out and run on my sore legs. But after A LOT of stretching, I did get back out there today and do another 5K without too much difficulty and my legs don't hurt any worse than they did before I ran. They even feel a little better. We'll see what tomorrow brings. I think I'll just do an indoor 60 min. workout tomorrow and on Wednesday I might go for 5 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment